Internet: On most campsites and many other places.
ATM's: Available everywhere
Creditcards: Accepted almost everywhere
Safety: In genaral OK but be careful with bush camping on rest areas along highways
Prices (August 2013)
Fuel: diesel is Euro 1,32 per liter. The cheapest fuel can be found at unmanned fuel stations. Many of them, although not all, accept visa or mastercard (just check in advance). The price difference can be around 20 cent per liter.
Camping: A lot of camper spots are available and often free of charge (or just a small fee acquired). During high season the camper spots can be very crowded and most of them have no toilets and showers. Normal campings between Euro 12,- (municipal) and Euro 35,- (Paris).
Fees for Toll roads, briges, tunnels and ferries
Pont de Normandie (forgot the price)
Highlights or not
- Etretat = coastal village with beautiful white cliffs and a natural arch. There are nice walks up the cliffs. Visit is free of charge.
- Hornfleur = Nice small village
- Normandie II World War Beaches = There are many beaches with war monuments in this area. We visited Juno Beach. Here there is also a museum. We liked walking along the beach and in the dunes and visit the memorial which can be found there.
- Mont Saint Michel = Monastry on a small rock island. Although a nice place to visit, during holiday season it is extremely crowded here. Parking is expensive at € 12,- a day. For € 20,- you can park at the camper area and stay the night. From the parking there are free shuttle busses to the island.
- Paris = City of love. Many place to see and visit. We liked the Eiffel Tower at night.
Eiffel Tower: After dark the tower is lit, but at every full hour it will show special light effects. The best view is from a square near the exit for Trocadero metro station.
Metro: A single trip cost Euro 1,70 and allows you to travel the whole metro district. However as soon as you exit a metro station you have to pay again when entering. So when you hop on and off during a day of sightseeing it is deffinitely worth it to buy a day ticket. When you buy it at the campsite it will cost Euro 13,65 including the shuttle bus from the campsite to the nearest metro station.
Grid: Lat/Lon hddd°mm.mmm"
|N50°13.120 E1°38.030 Le Crotoy
Camperspot. €5,- per night per spot
N49°42.020 E0°12.960 Etretat
Camping Municipal. €12,40 without power per night (2 persons and car)
N49°20.240 W0°27.970 Juno Beach
Camperspot direct at the beach, no charge, no facilities.
N48°27.499 W0°02.902 La Lacalle
Bushcamp at a parking near a public park nearby La Lacelle. WC and water available, no charge
N48°52.088 E2°14.084 Paris
Camping Indigo in Bois de Bologne. € 35,70 per night without power. Expensive but only camping nearby city center. Shuttle bus to the center stops in front of the camping. Price shuttle bus € 1,70 per person one way.