- Period: March 2007 (Cold and snow)
- Periode: August 2011 (Warm and sunny)
ATM's: In every city
Creditcards: excepted throughout the country
Safety: Nothing special
Prices (august 2011)
Value Money: €1
Fuel: €1,52 per liter (diesel)
For driving on the roads you need to buy a Vignet. A vignet for 10 days cost € 7,90
- Toll Karawanken tunnel € 6,50 (one way)
- Great road for driving is the Grossklockerner Alpenstrasse
- For anyone who does not want to
take the long way around there is a shortcut through the Alps. You can
your car on a train (Autozug) Tauern. 2 persons and a car (one way) is
€ 17,-. The maximum height is 3,60 x 2,50 m.
Grid: Lat/Lon hddd°mm.mmm"
used during Balkan trip in 2011
N47°05.153 E13°07.248 Autozug Tauern Nord
Tauern car train, North station
N46°58.801 E13°10.604 Autozug Tauern Sud
Tauern car train, South station
N47°18.112 E12°48.973 Zell am See
Camping Sudufer. Clean comfortable but run by a very unfriendly owner. Price €25 for 2 persons and a car.
Last Vignet stop before the Slovenian border